One of the most significant issues for modern schools is the question of the appearance of students. Whereas children would most likely enjoy dressing the way they want, teachers and educational authorities tend towards seeing students wearing standardized uniforms. There are many opponents and proponents of an obligatory enabling of school uniforms, both coming up with reasonable arguments in favor of their claims. However, to my mind, students should not be forced to wear uniforms, as it can negatively affect their personalities.
Wearing school uniforms is a significant obstacle for a child’s self-expression. It is not a secret that children are much more artistic than most adults; besides, in high school, teenagers often experience an increased need to be unique and special. The clothes one wears is one of the most available means of self-expression, and school uniforms do not allow students to demonstrate their individuality. Research shows that students who were forced to wear school uniforms were more likely to use makeup earlier than their peers, and later, to use more extreme accessories to alter their fashion (short skirts, mohawks, piercing, and so on) (WiseGEEK).
Another serious reason not to make students
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous