Technological progress has boosted both mobility and industrial production levels, while globalization has enhanced communication around the world and made the exchange of socio-political ideologies possible. For example, one can refer to the political revolutions in different parts of the globe—the Arab Spring and the continuing political upheaval in Syria, in particular. Taking these, and many other factors into consideration, one could say that social processes today and those about a hundred years ago are almost incomparable. At the same time, particular social groups, such as teenagers, become overexposed to the effects of these socio-political and technological changes (Connors 129). This fact can be easily noticed when evaluating modern youths’ preoccupations, hobbies, and behavior, as well as analyzing how they use leisure time as compared to their counterparts a century ago.
Today’s teenagers use many types of technological gadgets, such as computers, TV sets, smartphones, and tablets—both at school and at home. They also seem to be studying with the help of technology. Actually, the latter now sometimes takes the place that had traditionally been left to parents and teachers. This refers not only to teaching material, but also to social
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous