The progress of science is usually believed to have improved the quality of many processes, products, and services. However, in certain spheres of life, traditional methods are still being used; medicine is a bright example of the co-existence of two antipodal approaches. Along with commonly recognized conventional medicine based on science and technology, there also exists alternative medicine, which sometimes includes practices developed thousands of years ago. The superiority of each of these kinds of medicine have a long-standing history, as each of them have proved its effectiveness; therefore, understanding their advantages and drawbacks is crucial for forming one’s own point of view.
The first difference between these two systems is their approach to diagnosis. Conventional medicine focuses on the factors that cause diseases and remedying their symptoms; every abnormality is seen as an independent clause, separate from the personality of an individual and their environment. Unlike its counterpart, alternative medicine sees a body as an equilibrium of interrelations between a body and its environment; therefore, a disease is thought to be caused by an imbalance between them. In other words, alternative medicine focuses rather on cleansing the entire system than on
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous