An innate question for humans beings is, “Who am I?” Failing to answer this question can be disastrous for our well-being, since it refers to making a distinctive decision of what we aspire to do, and what we want to achieve in our lives. Consequently, it becomes easier for people to manipulate and shape us into what they want if we do not give ourselves an answer to this fundamental question. As for me, I have become grounded in an idea of myself, and this has aided me in being self-confident.
Professor Richard Gunde (2002) posits a person’s physical appearance is the foundation on which other people judge them (p. 71). Unfortunately, identifying oneself this way is inaccurate, as other people cannot appropriately deduce who I am by my height or the way I dress. For instance, I am a short person, which consequently assigns me to the lower regions of the social ladder, so to speak. Most people will treat me with prejudice due to my height. But only after these interlocutors interact with me can they more or less form an idea of who I am. A personality—this is
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by Admin