One of the most important periods in an individual’s life is, without doubt, their school years. School is a place where children and teenagers socialize, obtain different social skills, and prepare themselves for their future life and career. School is also a time of turbulent psychological processes, which are typical in one’s teen years; teenagers are especially vulnerable in terms of influence—both positive and negative—on their psyche. In connection to this factor, one should consider the phenomenon typical for many schools around the world, and which can negatively affect a developing individual: school bullying. This problem is so widespread and may cause such severe damage—both psychological and physical—that there already are several preconditions for declaring it a public health issue (Huffington Post).
According to data collected by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, about 30% of all children studying in middle and high school were at least once in a semester bullied, or acted as bullies themselves in the U.S. (National Conference of State Legislations). The methods of bullying may differ depending on a social and gender group (thus, boys usually choose more direct forms, such as physical
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous