It is a disappointment that people read books less often in these days of widespread technological reliance (Siam, Book Stats: Why We Should Care). Books were the primary source of intellectual entertainment just a hundred years ago, but with the invention of radio, television, cinematography, and most recently, the Internet and computer games, it seems that reading books is no longer a popular leisure activity. However, I believe that books are an irreplaceable part of our lives, and the role that masterfully-written books play on the personal growth and development of a particular person throughout one’s life is a remarkable one. Books directly expand our consciousness of how we live and where we live, enrich our power to express ourselves, supply us with inspiration in a way that other mediums cannot compete with.
Books expand our knowledge and conception of the world around us (Jiken, Solidarity for Books). One may argue that films and TV documentaries do that too, but I believe that books are a much better alternative, since they allow each reader to experience the same story using one’s own imagination. When a hundred people watch a film or
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you more awesome posts like this every two weeks.
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous