You will need supporting evidence to prove the data you introduce in your writing was not taken out of the blue, but was acquired as a result of thorough research, conducted either by you, or by other researchers. In other words, you need evidence to support statements you make; also, you will need to cite your sources to prove the credibility of the data you use as supporting evidence.
* All the following information, data, and sources are made-up. Any coincidences are accidental.
- A lot of men use their free time to play video games or watch TV instead of spending time with their female counterparts.
- People who suffer from OCDs can be treated by making them refuse to act upon their rituals.
- Adults have a more developed instinct of self-preservation than teenagers and children.
- Women may efficiently deal with daily stresses with the help of shopping.
- In 2020, people will be able to live on the Moon.
Claims Supported with Evidence
- According to research conducted by the AAOG, about 25% of men between the ages of 20-35 prefer to spend their free time playing video games, or watching television. 36% of men, according to the same research, still give preference to communication with their girlfriends or wives (AAOG website).
- During research conducted at Wisconsin State University in 2012-2014, psychologists came to the conclusion that people who suffer from light-to-average OCDs can be treated with exposing them to their fears, which cause compulsive behaviors; as a result of prolonged regular exposures to consequential factors, compulsive rituals gradually decrease (Wisconsin State University website).
- Dr. Chelsey Livingston from BAAR states that children and teenagers seem to have less concerns about their lives and physical well being than adults; she believes it is connected to the ability to predict possible outcomes of one’s own actions, which adults usually possess to a greater extent than younger generations (BAAR website).
- “Happy Magazine” has conducted its own poll, asking its audience (which is 97.3% female) to answer one question: how do they deal with stress? As a result, 64% of those who answered said that when they feel stress, they go shopping, and it helps them feel better (Happy Magazine).
- NUTSA scientists claim that, considering the current pace of technological development, by the year 2020, humanity will be able to start inhabiting the Moon (NUTSA Agency).
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous