Writing an evaluation essay is a great way to size up a particular object or idea. This type of critical writing sets precise criteria for evaluation, providing fair and solid supporting evidence so that readers can form their opinions about a subject.
Steps for Writing an Evaluation Essay
- Choose a topic that you would like to write about. Since you will need to make a value judgment based on a set of criterion, you should know your subject well.
- Formulate your thesis statement. The thesis statement of an evaluation essay is its overall purpose and should be stated clearly, giving you the direction that will allow you to distinguish between criteria and select appropriate examples. It should state value, or the lack of it, in regard to what you are writing about.
- Think of the criteria that you are going to use to make your judgment. It is difficult or even impossible to evaluate your subject immediately–choose several points of interest to make this process easier.
- Find supporting evidence to prove your point of view. Since you are making a judgment about an object and presume that your readers will take yourOROR
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you more awesome posts like this every two weeks.
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous