Who is, in your opinion, the most epic person of all time in show business? I know for sure that it’s Chuck Norris. There is no need for me to expand on his greatness—the Internet is full of facts about him, his life, and skills—and I wouldn’t want to dare to pledge them to be untrue.
Since Chuck Norris is the ultimate, whatever he says is ultimate as well; according to this logic, whatever he said about, for example, pizza, can be successfully applied in quantum physics. “But what about writing?” I thought. “Perhaps, Chuck could help me in my writing?” Based on this guess, I searched for something Chuck Norris said now and then, and made a brief compilation of Concentrated Chuck Norris Wisdom.
- “A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can’t do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.”
This is almost the same as what Henry Ford said once: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.”
- “Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.”
To me, it means “Keep writing no matter what, because this will keep your skills honed.” Whenever you stop writing, you stop being a writer.
- “A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.”
Have you ever faced the situation when you want your work to be published, but you kept receiving denials from publishers? Have you ever got stuck in writer’s block so long that you started to think about quitting being a writer? This quote reminds me that even in the hardest times, there is no point in giving up. If you were a runner, would you give up one centimeter from a finish line? I bet you wouldn’t. The trick is that in real life, you can’t see finish lines, so all you can do is to keep on running.
- “One of my life’s principles is to develop myself to the maximum of my potential in all ways and to help others do the same.”
Always try something new. Never give up on a good idea, plot, or story, because you don’t know how to accomplish it, how to get it published, and so on. Full speed ahead, no excuses. Also, when you get the time, help other writers succeed.
- “I’ve always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you’ve got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.”
Perhaps, the most important one. Writing is not something relaxed and abstract—it is a hard labor, and you are a proletarian. Labor is your duty. So go take your pen and write something right now!
P.S. In the introduction, I wanted to write “the most epic person of all times,” but my editor insisted on inserting that “show business” part. Sorry Chuck, no offense (and please don’t beat me up).
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous