A travelogue is a person’s account of a journey to another country or place. It can either be a written report with many factual details or a narrative story about personal impressions and experiences supported by images.
Steps for Writing a Travelogue
- Decide on the purpose of your travelogue. Whether it is for a magazine, for friends, or for yourself—determine your writing style.
- While traveling, take notes about what you see, places you visit, and people you get acquainted with. Keep a diary of your impressions. If you don’t have enough time to write, perhaps a recorder would be a smart option for keeping a diary. Also, collect various brochures, tourism maps, and guides. They may come in handy when you start writing a travelogue.
- Take as many pictures as possible. A photograph doesn’t necessarily need to capture an historic or famous place. Sometimes, a photo of a crowded street, neon signboard, or an old man, conveys a stronger impression of a place you’ve visited than the images of monuments anyone can see on the Internet.
- When you return home, take time to review your recordings. Sort them out by date, personal importance,
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by Admin