Informal writing might not exactly be rocket science, but it still requires knowing some basic knowledge of the principles and rules that cover general letter writing approaches. Whether you are writing to a friend to share your experience of a recent trip, or writing to thank your high school tennis coach for the useful practice that you are now polishing up at college, or inviting an international student from Europe that you made friends with while on vacation to come visit you, there are general guidelines concerning the structure and style of an informal letter with which you need to get acquainted.
There are several basic situations when an informal is written.
- Congratulating on a wedding, birthday, birth of a child, graduation, etc.
- Thanking for a favor, invitation, advice, etc.
- Inviting someone to a wedding, retirement party, housewarming party, baby shower or any other celebration
- Accepting or refusing an invitation
- Requesting information or replying to such a request
- Apologizing or expressing regret/sympathy
- Asking for or giving advice, recommendations, sharing experience and the like
- Transactional letters – in reply to a magazine prospect, brochure, advertisement, etc.
Steps for Writing an Informal Letter
- Start with an appropriate greeting – depending on whether you areOROR
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous