Being a teenager is, perhaps, one of the most interesting, intense, and complicated periods in the life of almost any person. In our teen years, our experiences are especially acute and exiting; this age is connected with one’s search of place in the world, of self-identification, and belonging. Teenagers face real world problems more and more often, as well as encounter their first serious challenges and problems: at home, at school, in their relationships. The need to develop new behavioral models and adapt to social norms, and look for one’s place in one’s society can be stressful for a teenager. There are several influential factors that are seen as stressful for adolescents.
One of the first values teenagers hold dear is their popularity among peers. It is important to notice, though, that popularity in this context should be seen as deeper—as a teenager’s striving for acceptance, for fitting in their peer group. Research shows that if teenagers fail to achieve certain levels of popularity (or believe to have done so), they may feel self-doubt (Livestrong.com). Disappointment in their own appearance, lack of romantic relationships, or social status can become
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous