A film review is a type of review that provides a short description of a film and includes the reviewer’s opinion about it. A film review can be formal or informal. When talking about an academic writing assignment, a scholarly film review should definitely use formal language.
Steps for Writing a Film Review
- Select a film for review, if one was not assigned to you by your instructor. Usually, students are given either a specific film to review, or a list to choose from. Take note that your film of choice has to meet certain criteria that your instructor has set (usually a subject that you discussed in class).
- Watch the film at least twice. It might seem like a boring and unnecessary requirement, but this rule has been proven by many. It is practically impossible to write a solid film review having watched the film only once.
- Read about the story behind the film (whether it is based on real-life events, on a well-known novel, or on the personal experience of the director, etc.). Include any interesting and peculiar facts aboutOROR
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous