What is It?
The present perfect continuous tense shows how an action which started in the past is still going on.
When to Use?
|*Show how long an action has taken until now.||
1. Boris and Michael have been talking for the last hour.
2. Gerald has been teaching English at the community college since May.
|*Talk about time spent in a general way.||
1. Recently, I have been running with sheep.
2. She has been watching too much Oprah lately.
Non-continuous and mixed verbs cannot be used in this tense.
Non-continuous verbs: actions you normally cannot see somebody doing.
Examples: to want, to possess, to belong, to exist
Mixed verbs: actions that can have more than one meaning.
Examples: to appear, to feel, to hear, to look
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by Admin