Marriage by mutual consent is without a doubt one of the most important and happy events in the life of an individual. When two people meet and once they decide to create a family, it may seem they will stay together forever. However, the reality brings in its own adjustments, and about 50% of marriages end up with a divorce in the USA (Trust). Though divorce is often a psychologically difficult process, adults can deal with the consequences. The situation changes to worse if the couple gave birth to a child, who is often the one to suffer the most from divorce.
Divorce causes different emotional reactions in children of different ages. Preschoolers, who are often unable to understand the reasons behind their parents’ divorce, tend to blame themselves and feel responsible for bringing their parents back together again (Clinical Psychology Associates). Children of 6-8 years continue to have similar fantasies, though the feeling of guilt and responsibility for the divorce decreases; they, however, experience a strong sense of grief and loss. Children of 9-12 years are able to understand the reasons of their parents’ divorce better, and tend to consciously express
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- Purchase seedy genericos tabs no prescription asked by Anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin