To live means not only to exist biologically or as a psychic entity, but also to cope with difficulties, interact and communicate with people, make decisions, and sometimes undergo excessive psychological pressure. Even an adult mind can fail to maintain pressure, making an individual see no other solution but suicide. Along with this, a risk group that is even more exposed to suicides is represented by teenagers, who are more vulnerable to stresses and usually do not possess strongly-shaped personalities. According to the statistics, suicide is the second leading cause of death (after motor vehicle accidents) among teenagers (CHealth); this makes about 1 of 10000 people. Considering the problem’s scales, factors that cause adolescents to do away with themselves should be distinguished.
One of the most common reasons for adolescent suicide is a divorce of parents, as well as a new family formation—including step-parents, step-siblings, and so on (CHealth). According to the study of 146 adolescent friends of 26 adolescent suicide victims, those teenagers who lived in single-parent families were more likely either to commit suicide and to have psychological disorders compared to children from complete families; more precisely, three of four
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous