What is It?
It is used to show that in the past, a speaker thought about something that would happen in future. It does not matter if it is true or false.
When to Use?
* To express confidence or a suggestion about future events.
– I knew that the surrounding people would call for an ambulance, so I did not stay at the car accident site.
* To show an intention that had place in the past.
– He thought that I was going to come to a party, so he reserved me a table.
The future in the past tense cannot be used with words and phrases that express time, such as with when, while, before, after, if, unless, during, as soon as.
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous