What is It?
The present simple tense is needed to show long-term and permanent actions.
When to Use?
Cases and Examples
* To indicate actions or events that are regular or permanent.
I usually get up at 6 am.
* When a speaker is talking about facts.
Example: The Earth makes a full spin around its axis in 24 hours.
* When speaking about already scheduled or predetermined actions or events.
Example: On Fridays, I am busy until 5 pm.
* When we talk about our thoughts and feelings in the moment of speaking, even though they are short-term.
Example: I think you should take her out on a date.
* To provide somebody with directions or instructions.
Example: You walk down this street until the crossroad, and then turn right.
* To express future time after such conjunctions as after, when, before, as soon as, until
Example: You can devour that chocolate bar after you eat your porridge!
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by