- How to Write an Essay
- Evaluation Essay sample
- Analysis Essay sample
- Summary Essay sample
- Reflective Essay sample
- Definition Essay sample
- Cause and Effect Essay sample
- Descriptive Essay sample
- Critical Essay sample
- Expository Essay sample
- Persuasive (Argumentative) Essay sample
- Narrative Essay sample
- Compare and Contrast Essay sample
- Grammar Handbook
How to Use CommasApr 18, 2014The general rule for commas is that we use them to make reading more understandable by separating the parts of a sentence, so that readers don’t get confused about what a certain text means. When to use a comma: 1. Separating items in a list Example: Bill had a phone, a record player, and a flute. 2. Putting two independent clauses t...
- Grammar Mistake Samples
Mistakes: Commas and ApostrophesApr 18, 2014Misuse of Commas Too Many Examples: "I was a bouncer, at a club, that hosted rock bands, such as The Conversations." "There was, a giant referee, in the middle, of a god named Uselferous." "I hold your hand, to let it go, again, and, again." Revised: "I was a bouncer at a club that hosted rock bands, such as The Conversations." ...
- Grammar Mistake Samples
Word Usage ExamplesApr 18, 2014Clarification of 'That' and 'Which' That is used in what's called restrictive clauses. Restrictive clauses are just phrases that cannot be taken out without changing the meaning of a sentence. For example: "Love that has no reality is no love at all." Take it away: Love is not love at all." Doesn't make sense. "Cows that drink water are ...
Most Read Posts
- Narrative Essay SamplesThe Nightmare CreatorAug 14, 2013It was a blazing summer’s day. My surroundings were slowly starting to melt: the trees, the houses, the sky and the pathway to my garage. It seemed that I was about to dissipate as well, becoming a puddle of glue-like substance left on the ground. I was walking at crawling speed. My head felt huge and heavy, and each muscle in my body felt sore...
- Academic AssignmentsHow to Write a Descriptive EssayJan 14, 2014A descriptive essay is a form of academic writing that is built around a detailed description of a person, building, place, situation, notion, etc. The main purpose of a descriptive essay is to describe your point of focus in a vivid and particular manner, so that readers can easily picture the described object, person or state in their mind. Step...
- Persuasive Essay SamplesIs Having School Uniforms a Sound Idea?Sep 10, 2013The years that we as individuals are in primary school is a testing-ground for the development of our personalities and values. A common occurrence during this phase is individuals vying to look original - appear different than the 'crowd.' Our appearance, clothes and style is one of the most efficient ways to express our uniqueness. These facets o...