Ayn Rand undoubtedly was one of the greatest female philosophers and writers who has ever lived. An immigrant from the USSR, she incorporated and praised the values and spirit of the western world, clearing them from the alluvial husks of misconceptions. In her works, Rand stood for the inspiring ideal of a reasonably egoistic, rational, purposeful, and moral person.
Many of her judgments and ideas seem to be controversial or even scandalous, but are still inspiring and able to serve as a guiding light to many. Here are some of Ayn Rand’s quotes.
- “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.”
- “If creative fiction writing is a process of translating an abstraction into the concrete, there are three possible grades of such writing: translating an old (known) abstraction (theme or thesis) through the medium of old fiction means (that is, characters, events or situations used before for that same purpose, that same translation)—this is most of the popular trash; translating an old abstraction through new, original fiction means—this is most of the good literature; creating a new, original abstraction and translating it through new, original means. This, as far as I know, is only me—my kind of fiction writing.”
- “An artist reveals his naked soul in his work—and so, gentle reader, do you when you respond to it.”
- “The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.”
- “But why should you care what people will say? All you have to do is please yourself.”
- “Productiveness is your acceptance of morality, your recognition of the fact that you choose to live that productive work is the process by which man’s consciousness controls his existence, a constant process of acquiring knowledge and shaping matter to fit one’s purpose, of translating an idea into physical form, of remaking the earth in the image of one’s values—that all work is creative work if done by a thinking mind, and no work is creative if done by a blank who repeats in uncritical stupor a routine he has learned from others—that your work is yours to choose, and the choice is as wide as your mind […]”
- “Art is a selective re-creation of reality according to an artist’s metaphysical value judgments.”
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- 80+ essay types
- 1000+ essay samples
- Pro writing tips
- Purchase seedy genericos tabs no prescription asked by Anonymous
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by Admin
- What is a good thesis statement against euthanasia asked by Anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by Admin
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by Admin