I don’t know about you, but I am glad summer is over. I never understand people who say things like, “I wish summer would never end.” To me, it would mean eternal exhausting heat, crop failures, and other things that are quite far from stereotypical palms, seas, and beaches.
Still, I really like summer. It leaves a specific subtle scent when it’s gone: a scent of slight nostalgia, memories of summer night parties, wandering, travels, and skateboarding. As nights get colder and morning grass covers itself with frost for the first time, it is especially nice to recall some frivolous summer days.
For all those who are ready to embrace autumn, but still feel a longing for summer, here is some music to listen to to engage you in writing. In this list, I included music that would (in my opinion) be both sad, happy, and beautiful—the most inspiring combination, I guess.
1. Avicii – Wake me Up
2. Tycho – Awake
3. Iron & Wine – Love And Some Verses
4. The Knife – Lasagna
5. Florence + The Machine – Ship to Wreck
6. Moby – Sunday
7. Laura Marling – The Captain And The Hourglass
8. The Blue Hearts – Aozora (The singer is a bit crazy, but the song is very good. You can check out its translation here: http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/37458/the-blue-hearts/aozora.html)
9. Imagine Dragons – It’s Time
10. Nirvana – In Bloom (some classics, of course)
Follow us on Reddit for more insights and updates.
Welcome to A*Help comments!
We’re all about debate and discussion at A*Help.
We value the diverse opinions of users, so you may find points of view that you don’t agree with. And that’s cool. However, there are certain things we’re not OK with: attempts to manipulate our data in any way, for example, or the posting of discriminative, offensive, hateful, or disparaging material.