I don’t know about you, but I am glad the summer is over. I never understand people who say things like, “I wish summer would never end.” To me, it would mean eternal exhausting heat, crop failures, and other things that are quite far from stereotypical palms, seas, and beaches.
Still, I really like summer. It leaves a specific subtle scent when it’s gone: a scent of slight nostalgia, memories of summer night parties, wandering, travels, and skateboarding. As nights get colder and morning grass covers itself with frost for the first time, it is especially nice to recall some frivolous summer days.
For all those who are ready to embrace autumn, but still feel a longing for summer, here is some nice music to listen to. In this list I included music that would (in my opinion) be both sad, happy, and beautiful–the most inspiring combination, I guess.
1. Avicii – Wake me Up
2. Tycho – Awake
3. Iron & Wine – Love And Some Verses
4. The Knife – Lasagna
5. Florence + The Machine – Ship to Wreck
6. Moby – Sunday
7. Laura Marling – The Captain And The Hourglass
8. The Blue Hearts – Aozora (The singer is a little bit crazy, but the song is very good You can check out its translation here: http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/37458/the-blue-hearts/aozora.html)
9. Imagine Dragons – It’s Time
10. Nirvana – In Bloom (some classics, or course)
Did you like this guide / sample?
Sign up and we’ll send you ebook of 1254 samples like this for free!
- Thesis statement and compare contrast essay asked by anonymous
- Which of the following would best work as the title of an explanatory essay? asked by anonymous
- Gender stereotypes persuasive essay asked by anonymous
- Divergent Novel Thesis Statement asked by anonymous
- sending tickets for an event asked by anonymous